An exciting opportunity for an AWS Data Engineer to join global data engineering business. They understand the complexities of transforming data and they help guide customers through their data journey while offering them comfort and simplicity on their digital transformation journey.
You will be working with data ingestion, storage and processing technologies primarily in the AWS environment to design and build production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption.
If you have expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets, across a variety of data platforms this may be the right opportunity for you. APPLY NOW
Core understanding of and working experience with:
- Database administration experience with specific versions of Oracle database
- Object oriented Python programming concepts and package development +
- knowledge of best practises Preferably at least 2 years of experience writing Python code
- Terraform (and Terraform Cloud/Enterprise)
- Git (BitBucket)
- Experience with building ETL pipelines
- SQL Skills (MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, AWS Athena,)
- Experience in migrating On-Prem relational databases to AWS Aurora, Redshift,
- Dynamo DB (or similar)
- AWS Skills:
- Pyspark skills and performing ETL jobs on AWS EMR and Glue
- Glue (and sub-services, e.g., crawlers, data catalogues, jobs etc.)
- Familiarity with serverless architecture and writing Lambda/Step functions
- Step Functions (light touch)
- Data Lake and Datawarehouse designs using tools such as S3 and Redshift
- BSc. Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- AWS Certifications (Associate and above
Reference Number for this position is GZ54757 which is a permanent remote position offering up to R700k per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!