Leading Financial Services group specialising in investment banking and global markets is seeking an experienced Big Data Engineer.
Do you have more than 5 years of professional working experience with Hadoop and Kafka?
Can you serve as an expert in supporting and developing, implementing and managing enterprise infrastructure.
If this sounds like you, and you know you can be a value add to our business, APPLY NOW!
- Min 5 years’ development experience
- Strong technical / programming experience
- Development and deployment of data applications
- Design & Implementation of infrastructure tooling and work on horizontal frameworks and libraries
- Creation of data ingestion pipelines between legacy data warehouses and the big data stack
- Experience with Scala or other functional languages (Haskell, Clojure, Kotlin, Clean)
- Experience with some of the following: Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Oozie, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, CouchbaseDB, Impala, Kudu, Linux, Bash, version control tools, continuous integration tools
- Automation of application back-end workflows
- Bachelor’s degree, BSc or B.Com (Postgrad or Masters preferred)
The Reference Number for this position is MM56791 which is a Permanentposition based at their client in Johannesburg offering a salary of up to R650k Per Annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Mpho at email@example.com or call her at 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!