A market-leading provider of Testing, Inspection, Certification (TIC), and Training solutions to Africa and the Middle East, focused on food safety and workplace safety has an excellent opportunity for a passionate individual seeking to gain valuable experience and grow their career in the field of data science, a talented and motivated Junior Business Intelligence Engineer to join the team and contribute to the implementation of their data strategy.
- Analyse large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and insights relevant to internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain regular reports and dashboards using BI tools to support decision-making processes.
- Refine and enhance analytical models and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to improve the existing data infrastructure.
- Work on the integration of new data sources into the company’s data system.
- Ensure data quality and integrity in databases and reports.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in business intelligence and data engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) or related field.
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g., Power BI) to communicate insights effectively.
- Familiarity with database management systems (MSSQL Server, MySQL Db etc.), querying data in T-SQL and exposure to data modelling.
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts, machine learning algorithms, and data analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python or R for data manipulation, analysis, and modelling.
- Exposure to Microsoft azure suite data services (storage systems, integration tools etc.)
The Reference Number for this position is NG58151 which is a Permanent Hybrid position in Centurion, Johannesburg offering a salary from R450k to R650k CTC salary negotiable based on experience. E-mail Nokuthula on nokuthulaG@e-merge.co.za or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!