Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Southern Africa’s largest media company is in search of a Cloud Data Engineer. Here’s your chance to be part of an organization dedicated to delivering exceptional digital experiences to millions of daily users across our digital platforms.
As a Cloud Data Engineer, your core responsibility centers on proficiently navigating the Google Cloud Environment, leveraging a comprehensive suite of Google tools including BigQuery, Dataproc, and Vertex AI. Essential to your role is your proficiency in Python and SQL, as you’ll fearlessly delve into intricate datasets, assisting the team in extracting valuable insights
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, IT, or Informatics is preferred.
- 3-5 years of development experience with a strong emphasis on Python.
- Proficiency in traditional SQL and No-SQL databases.
- Demonstrated expertise in large-scale ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes.
- Experience with high-scale Restful Services.
- Cloud experience, with a preference for Google Cloud Platform.
- Proficiency in source control, particularly Git.
- Scheduling and Orchestration, including Airflow/Composer.
- Containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Elastic search
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts
- Understanding of data governance concepts
- Exposure to Apache Beam, particularly in the context of Cloud Dataflow
The Reference Number for this position is MM57757 which is a hybrid Permanent position based in Cape Town offering a salary of up to R800k per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Mpho at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!