A global financial innovation and technology disruptor with a leading edge in execution in emergent business models and a leading edge in the execution in emergent business models, through their consolidated six specialist business competencies. On their journey to building their innovative track, they require the services of a Data Analyst to grow together with the team in these capabilities which include: advisory, innovation, strategic execution, project management, branding, design, digital prototyping and development.
- Support a range of data needs through activities such as database design, data management, data cleaning, statistical modelling and interpreting results.
- Manage and transform survey, billing history, meter data, secondary demographic and other relevant data sets.
- Review data for accuracy, anomalies, unexpected patterns and completeness.
- Run basic descriptive statistics and more advanced modelling using statistical software packages,
- Assist in developing templates and datasets for historical trending and predictive forecasting.
- Apply tools and techniques for data analysis and data visualisation (including the use of business information tools), such as graphical and text-based survey result summaries.
- Support the process of conducting and analysing yield simulations and energy resource assessments for solar PV, hybrid and wind technologies – to provide Project Development teams with accurate data inputs.
- Build durable models and the ability to turn data into intelligence (Machine Learning / AI applications).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in IT/Statistical or related.
- 3+ years knowledge & experience in a data environment.
- Basic skills with R, Python, SQL or similar statistical software applications
- Experience in working in the Agile methodology
- Experience in cleaning, managing and transforming data sets, including making decisions and observing to drop or to retain
- Sound understanding of Computer networking in both IT and OT environments
- Microsoft Power BI, Dashboard, Reporting, SQL
The Reference Number for this position is NG58485 which is a Permanent Hybrid position in the Johannesburg offering a salary negotiable from R400k to R600k CTC based on experience and skills. E-mail Nokuthula on nokuthulag@e-Merge.co.za or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!