A proudly South African ecommerce retail firm and one of the largest, most innovative ecommerce retailers on the African continent is in search of a Data Engineer to join their customer-centric team.
The incumbent will be designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data architectures. The ideal candidate will also be preparing data for descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive modelling.
Great opportunity apply now!!!
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-6 years commercial experience
- Data Marts
- Star Schema
- Circle CI
- Apache Flink
- Apache Beam
- Designing, developing, and testing large stream data pipelines to ingest, aggregate, clean, and distribute data models ready for analysis
- Leveraging best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Collaborating with other engineers, ML experts, analysts, and stakeholders to produce the most efficient and valuable solutions
- Contributing to our data democratisation and literacy vision by making accessible and easy-to-use data products and tools
- Operations and ownership of systems in production, responding to incidents
Reference Number for this position is NN53632 which is a permanent position based in Cape Town offering a cost to company salary of R900k per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!