One of Africa’s largest English-language news publishers in print that owns a number of B2B and B2C magazines amongst others while connecting people of all cultures, enabling economies to thrive are in the market for a Data Engineer to contribute to the development of their revolutionary compliance service platform, the engineer will play a crucial role in building and enhancing their cloud-based platform.
- Present data on dashboards and visualisations on Power BI
- Comply with all data governance, like documenting data definitions and business glossaries
- delivering a client project at a financial
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 4 -6 years hands-on experience
- Experience with Spark and Airflow
- Proficient in data pipelines, ETLs, data warehouses, etc
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with REST APIs.
- Experience with the following technologies: Teradata, Power BI, MSSQL, Hive
- Machine learning
- Google Cloud
The Reference Number for this position is NG58501 which is a Permanent Hybrid position based in Johannesburg offering a cost to company of R500k to R700k per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nokuthula at email@example.com or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!