One of the leading companies in Southern Africa’s non-life insurance landscape, justifiably proud of their tradition of distinction in quality and providing service insurance solutions and in a quest to add to this vision they are seeking a talented Data Engineer with strong DevOps expertise to join their Data Engineering Department and contribute to their mission of delivering excellent services to their clients.
- Play a key role in the design, development, and deployment of data pipelines and applications.
- Ensure seamless integration with AWS services using CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and CodeStar.
- Deployment of Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, and Kafka deployments.
- Utilise Docker and Kubernetes for containerization and orchestration of data processing applications and services
- Manage Apache Spark and Kafka deployments, optimizing performance and ensuring reliability in data processing tasks.
- Provide technical support to the Data Engineering team.
- Assisting in the resolution of complex issues and challenges related to data processing and DevOps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, with a strong focus on DevOps and pipeline development.
- Familiarity with data pipeline tools and technologies such as Hadoop, Databricks, Apache NiFi, or Apache Beam.
- AWS DevOps Engineer or Data Engineering certification.
- Experience working in the insurance or financial services industry
The Reference Number for this position is NG57902 which is a Permanent position in Johannesburg offering a salary of up to R800k CTC salary negotiable based on experience. E-mail Nokuthula on nokuthulag@e-Merge.co.za or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!