A pioneer in the financial services industry with a hunger for delivering excellence including being the holding company of some of South Africa’s leading financial long- and short-term insurance is on the lookout for a Data Engineer.
- Collect, analyse, report, and interpret data for use in the development of business strategies.
- Employ machine learning techniques and build predictive, descriptive, and behavioural models.
- Extract quantifiable insights from past trends and current conditions.
- Perform complex statistical analysis and utilise mining, modelling, and testing techniques to enable data analysis.
- Communicate the project status back to business or within the team.
- Guide and train others to analyse data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Assess conditions necessary to increase profitability and improve relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Business Intelligence Software
- R Programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Sciences, Informatics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics
- Master’s Degree is advantageous
- 5+ years working experience within an analytical, data science or computer science environment.
The Reference Number for this position isNG57164 which is a Permanent Hybrid position based in Midrand, Johannesburg is offering a cost to company of up to R1Mil Annum salary negotiable based on experience. E-mail Nokuthula on nokuthulaG@e-merge.co.za or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!