A renowned innovative bank is seeking a highly strategic Data Modeller to design and maintain optimal data models/structures at both the enterprise and system/application levels that meet the business and architectural goals of the organisation that allow data to flow between providers and consumers while achieving the business strategy, objectives and values that contribute to the data culture.
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW!
Requirements of the role:
- Design data models that meet the business requirements and align to the agreed architecture framework.
- Deliver models according to project plans and budgets to meet commitment to stakeholders.
- Conduct data modelling activities and deliverables aligned to the development methodology and data modelling principles and standards.
- Apply approved tools to data modelling deliverables.
- Adopt the Enterprise Data Models (which is based on the IFW) as a standard for data model designs.
- Translate business requirements into data requirements.
- Analyse and profile the source data to understand data quality issues, relationships, patterns and rules in the data.
- Structure data requirements into logical data constructs based on the Enterprise Data Model, including ERD models, dimensional models and UML class models to ensure optimal implementation.
- Identifying opportunity for re-use of the Enterprise Data Model
- 3yrs IT related experience with 2yrs+ in a Data Modelling role
- Experience using Infosphere Data Architect or any other Data Modelling Tool
- Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science: Information Systems / Computer Science
- DAMA certified data management professional (CDMP) or similar data management certification
The Reference Number for this position is NG57110 which is a Permanent based in Sandton, Johannesburg offering a cost to company from R800k to R1mil per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nokuthula at nokuthulaG@e-merge.co.za or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!