A long serving bank and financial services group known as Africa’s biggest lender by assets is on a recruitment drive for a Data Scientist to apply data mining techniques and conduct statistical analysis to large, structured and unstructured data sets.
If you are looking to make strides in your career, and you have the skills and experience below, APPLY NOW!
- Model complex business problems, discovering insights and opportunities through statistical, algorithmic, machine learning and visualisation techniques.
- Execute intelligent automation and predictive modelling.
- Build machine learning models from and utilises distributed data processing and analysis methodologies.
- Competent in Machine Learning programming in R or Python, with supplementary still in Matlab, Java.
- Familiar with the Hadoop distributed computational platform, including broader ecosystem of tools such as HDFS / Spark / Kafka.
- Provide input into Data management and modelling infrastructure requirements and adhere to the organisation’s infrastructure development processes.
- Ensure business integration through integrating model outputs into end-point production systems, are understood and adopted relating to data collection, integration and retention requirements incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
- Measure proficiency in using the diagramming and modelling techniques vital for requirements analyses.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Information Studies/Information Technology
- Post Graduate Degree in Information Studies/Information Technology
- 5 – 7 years development experience in software and software engineering, financial services data processes, technical business intelligence.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience of working with unstructured data (e.g., streams, images) Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as SAS, R, SPSS, etc
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and data principles. Project management experience
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
The Reference Number for this position is NG58084 which is a Permanent Hybrid position in Johannesburg offering a salary negotiable from R500k to R700k per annum CTC negotiable based on experience. E-mail Nokuthula on nokuthulag@e-Merge.co.za or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!