A DevOps specialist is required to join a team of data specialists in a Linux based environment with one of South Africa’s biggest retail groups! The fast paced and dynamic team is looking for your expertise to hit the ground running in a group of like-minded solution driven thinkers working on large scale platforms. APPLY TODAY and explore plenty of opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge share.
Ideal experience and skills:
- 3 year degree / diploma in technology field or in exceptional cases 6 years equivalent experience
- AWS DevOps Professional Certification
- DevOps engineer
- 5 to 8 years of work experience in the technology-related field either as full stack developer or operations engineer for Linux hosted application managed through scripted automated deployment
- 2 years knowledge deploying and managing applications in the cloud
- 2 years knowledge or digital application patterns
- 1 year knowledge of DevOps
- 2 years knowledge of Agile
- 2 years knowledge of application troubleshooting and root cause of failure analysis
- Knowledge of SQL and No SQL databases
- Knowledge of Legislation relevant to IT
- 1 year ability to implement SDLC automation and Testing using git based repositories, code build and pipeline or equivalent open source technologies
- 1 year ability to configure and deploy infrastructure using cloudformation, ECS and lambda
- 1 year ability to implement login and monitor application using cloud trial, cloud watch and application specific logging
- 1 year ability to automate management of polices and standards using trusted advisor, Secrets manager and certificates manager
- 1 year ability to implement mechanisms to detect and respond to incidents
- 1 year ability to implement high availability, and disaster recovery using cloudfront, Route53, and RDS
Reference Number for this position is GZ48991 which is a permanent position based in Cape Town offering a negotiable salary of up to R900k PA based on experience and ability. Contact Garth on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!