A South African retail giant based in Durban is looking for a Domain Architect to join their team.
We need a passionate Domain Architect to join our Group Architecture team in order to provide business, application and technical expertise to our IT and business teams by means of identifying differentiating and innovative technologies, solutions and strategies related to the company’s retail systems.
The responsibilities for this include but not limited to:
- Establishing current and medium-term direction of retail technology aimed at keeping the organization on the forefront of change.
- Establish and maintain a technology and change roadmap for the Retail domain that enables and supports business capabilities and will work with the business and the senior IT executive for Retail to forecast business needs in the 3-5-year horizon.
- As a core member of the architecture team and a technical thought leader within the organization, the domain architect will provide leadership, direction and guidance to Information Technology (IT) practitioners operating within the Retail domain.
- Analyse and assess business strategies, technology trends and organizational capabilities ensuring current and future state solutions align with the enterprise architecture.
- Provide direction, guidance and oversight for solution architectures and technical products proposed by the Solution Architects.
- Solve complex technology problems in collaboration with Solution Architects.
- Lead one or more Solution Architects that are deployed in the domain and work closely with business functional experts, senior IT executives, project delivery teams and at certain stages with business executives.
- Ensure appropriate implementation and compliance of solutions for their domain.
- Provide investment and financial planning cycle support for all initiatives that are related to Retail.
- Responsible for technical innovations and solutions for complex solution development requests.
- Provide process and technological expertise and advice to business and IT leadership in the development of strategic information technology plans to support business strategies.
- Work with the senior IT executive responsible for solutions to ensure the roadmap is pro-actively funded and delivered in line with the Retail business plan.
What Qualifications, Experience and skills we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in diverse IT domains, with a focus around the Retail domain.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Enterprise Architecture or Technology Management Certification (preferred).
- Expertise in designing and developing business unit-wide architecture within the Retail domain in alignment with the business strategy. Understanding of the broader Retail business context, key processes and emerging technologies that will transform the retail industry and the Mr Price Group organization.
- Experience in investment and financial planning cycle support is preferred.
- Collaboration with other architects to implement efficient, cost-effective, high performing solutions.
- Working knowledge of Mobility, Cloud, Integration, Network and Security architectures and supporting services.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex concepts and solutions to business executives, business functionaries as well as IT executives, solution architects and technology specialists.
- Experience with strategies and architecture supporting Oracle Retail (preferred).
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT, vendor and business management.
If you think this Job is what you looking for please give me a shout.
Reference Number for this position is DM46057 which is a Permanent position based in Durban offering a salary of up to R 1.1 mil per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Dominic on [email protected] or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!