A bank and wealth management company with sustainable corporations, proven for its persistence and ranked first amongst South African banks this client is looking for a Data Engineer to be involved in designing ETL solutions and develop interfaces, processes and services pertaining to the financial functional area. This exceptional candidate will join a team of energetic people filled with tenacity, integrity and out of the ordinary thinking, with a can-do attitude while challenging convention the team is Diversity, competency, and flexible and leadership is well respected. in pursuit of the growth of our business for purpose technologies to
- Designing and building end to end ETL solutions, that will extract data from multiple systems, transforming and loading into multiple reporting data warehouses.
- Working with stakeholders and analysts on requirements and translate them into technical specification, provides estimation to the management.
- Supporting existing BI Platform, reverse engineer and improve processes.
- Following and contributing to departmental development process in terms of standards, methodologies, testing, version control and documentation
- Design and improve existing ETL framework, data validation framework.
- Design and implement automated schedules in Control-M.
- Identify and define application problems by troubleshooting and performing the root cause analysis.
- Assist with the annual IT (Information Technology) Audit review processes.
Qualification and Experience:
- Excellent data analysis and exploration using T-SQL, and strong SQL programming (stored procedures, functions).
- Knowledge and experience of data warehouse modelling methodologies.
- Experience in using MS SSIS and script tasks.
- Experience designing solutions and good knowledge of data modelling concepts.
- Experience of working in a team following agile development practices.
- Azure Cloud Data Engineer competencies will be advantageous.
- (TSQL AND SQL + ETL and MS BI Stack SSRS, SSAS, SSIS) (Advanced)
- Knowledge of ETL framework
The Reference Number for this position is NG57259 which is a Permanent Hybrid position based in Johannesburg offering a cost to company from R800k to R1mil per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nokuthula at nokuthulaG@e-merge.co.za or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!