A Group consolidating multiple businesses providing integrated innovation solutions through advisory, technology, strategic execution, branding and investment. Through combining these embedded competencies, they deliver world-class solutions that support clients’ end-to-end needs has an opening for an Intermediate Data Engineer who will take responsibility for driving, designing and building scalable ETL systems for a big data warehouse to implement robust and trustworthy to join a team that prides itself on being action-oriented disruptors who deliver quality work.
- Systematic solution design of the ETL and data pipeline in line with business user specifications
- Develop and implement ETL pipelines aligned to the approved solution design
- Ensure data governance and data quality assurance standards are upheld
- Create easily understandable technical documentation that are kept up to date
- Conduct data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation
- Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Define, design and build dimensional databases.
- Responsible for developing data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and
- Enhance and maintain our existing ETL frameworks in line with agreed design
- Ensure data is precise and is benchmarked and validated against financial records
Qualifications and experience
- 3-year IT related degree Post graduate qualification (advantageous)
- 5+ years’ Experience and understanding in designing and developing data warehouses
- Adept at design and development of ETL processes.
- SQL development experience, preferably SAS data studio and AWS experience
- Proficient in Python or R or willingness to learn.
- SAP architecture, implementation and operations
- Trends across Data/Analytics (Big Data,
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, AI)
- Expert knowledge of complex IT
- Knowledge of technology and SDLC and Agile methodology
- Knowledge of retail industry data models
- Advanced knowledge of compliance and IT governance
The Reference Number for this position is NG58483 which is a Permanent, Hybrid position based in Johannesburg is offering a cost to company negotiable between R400k – R600k per annum, based on experience and skills. E-mail Nokuthula on nokuthulaG@e-merge.co.za or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!