A great semi – remote opportunity to work with a renowned German manufacturing business is available for a Java Software Developer / Cloud Engineer. You will be working with an amazing team of developers creating next generation software systems
You will be responsible for the development of backend and frontend user stories and providing support for existing solutions
If you are a Java Developer with 5+ years software development experience and you are looking for new opportunities, APPLY TODAY and be part of this business that works with the latest technologies and trends
Core understanding of and working experience with:
- Java 8+
- Sound knowledge in Java
- Familiarity with Microservices, Cloud Architectures and Container Architectures e.g., Docker
- Experience with Container Orchestration Platforms, preferably Azure AKS, AWS EKS or Kubernetes
- At least 5 years’ worth of experience using front-end and back-end technologies such
- Git o Maven
- Experience with GitOps workflow
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools (ArgoCD, AzureDevOps, Jenkins)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Proficiency in building resilient solutions e.g., understanding the Event Driven Approach
- Proficiency with Kafka or other streaming platforms or messaging systems e.g., MQTT
- Experience in Data modelling and Database technologies (SQL and NoSQL).
- Proficiency with Restful Services, Kafka or MQTT.
Beneficial to have in addition to the above:
- Experience with Quarkus Supersonic Subatomic Java
- Proficiency in UI frameworks e.g., Angular or React
- Experience with testing tools like Karma, Jasmine, Postman, Newman, Cypress, Selenium, Junit, Robot, Jest
- Experience with backend frameworks like Spring, Java EE
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
Reference Number for this position is GZ54257 which is a long-term contract position rotating between Pretoria, Midrand and Home offering a contract rate of between R550 to R680 Per hour negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on garthz @ e-merge .co .za or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!