A publicly listed organisation well known for its excellent service delivery, diverse company offerings, and customer focused services at the core of its business is currently in need of a passionate Junior Data Scientist to join their data department, in their quest to upgrade their technology environment.
- Understand and interpret business requirements and translate them into analytical reporting solutions.
- Develop actuarial / statistical models to enable data driven decision making.
- Identify appropriate models / algorithms to mine large datasets and develop rich insights into member behaviour.
- Employ advanced data analytics and machine learning techniques to detect fraudulent activity.
- Identify key trends and interact with business to understand the impact of these trends and identify possible courses of action to mitigate / take advantage of the trends identified.
- A solid understanding of relational databases and data flows between systems.
- Ability to create dashboards, reports and data visualisation.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in a data science role
- Machine learning experience across multiple projects/ doing different types of projects / working on out-of-the ordinary problems
- History of end-to-end project involvement
- Proven history of innovation, delivering and problem solving
- Lots of Python experience
- Short-term insurance/financial experience beneficial
- AWS experience beneficial
• Power BI
The Reference Number for this position is NG58089 which is a Permanent Hybrid position in Johannesburg offering a salary negotiable from R400k to R600k per annum CTC negotiable based on experience. E-mail Nokuthula on nokuthulag@e-Merge.co.za or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!