One of the LEADING and Sophisticated payroll companies that is a one stop payments service provider is currently in search for a System Engineer to join their leading team.
Are you looking for stability, integrity and efficiency all in one space then this is your chance to SEND YOUR CV to be part of the winning TEAM.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Document procedures
- Communicate with stakeholders to identify what they want a system to accomplish
- Develop system designs, and then use modelling techniques to evaluate how they might perform in the real world
- Deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
- Install, configure and test hardware, operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Create, test and maintain backup and recovery policy and procedures
- Test system to ensure that it accomplishes what it is supposed to
- Conduct training and upskilling on new reports and or self-service analytics
Qualifications and Experience:
- Min 7 – 10 years’ Experience as a System Engineer
- Red Hat RHCE certification is highly desirable
- Linux/Unix Kernel experience
- Solaris a massive PLUS
- Knowledge of web components such as Apache, Tomcat is essential.
- High Availability / Clustering technologies is highly desirable
- Storage technologies (like SAN, multipathing, iSCSI, LVM)
- Networking concepts and protocols
- LDAP, Kerberos, Samba, Active Directory
- Container technologies such as Docker/Kubernetes is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Load Balancing devices is highly desirable
- Cloud certification (Azure / AWS) will be an advantage
- VMware vRealize Operations certification will be an advantage but not essential
The Reference Number for this position is GZ58291 which is a Permanent position in Pretoria East / HYBRID offering a salary of R1m per annum negotiable based on experience and skills. E-mail Garth Zoutendyk on email@example.com or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!