South Africa’s most dynamic financial institute requires Mid to Senior Java Developers to join their dynamic, innovative, award-winning business in two of their Cape Town units.
You will be responsible to provide IT expertise, advice and leadership in the design, creation, testing and documentation of new and enhanced applications and systems in accordance with agreed framework of programming standards. To assist in the development of IT operational implementation plans and associated IT processes, methods, and techniques.
If you think this position fits you like a glove, then don’t look any further just hit that APPLY button and see your future reach new frontiers.
- Minimum: B.Comm, B.Eng, BSC Eng, BSC Informatics or related degree.
- 5 years + experience in programming and system design.
- Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
- System Design experience advantageous.
- Knowledge of databases and integration
- Experience with front-end technologies (JSF, Angular, etc.)
- Kubernetes / Openshift
- JSON Rest services
- SOAP web services
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative, and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients
- Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries
- Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews
- Comply, understand, and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution
- Assess, identify, and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance
- Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test, and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation
- Minimise system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimisation of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews
- Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity
- Maintain maximum system availability by ensuring that incidents are recorded for future reference and adequate root cause analysis is done to eliminate the risk of a recurrence
- Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop technical and business skills
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner
- Supervises the work of other developers. Provides technical assistance to fellow developers and other Information Technology (IT) team members
Reference Number for this position is MM54656which is a Permanent position based in the Cape Town area offering a cost to company salary of up to R1m Per Annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Marcel on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!