Are you a data scientist, a definite subject matter expert in your field with excellent execution capabilities a logical thinker who has mastered self. A client is looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join their team, to lead projects, provide support and mentorship to the team as well as drive critical value-adding business decisions.
- Lead research and development efforts in the advancement of new data science techniques and tools for relevant applications.
- Strong capabilities in forging strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Develop data science products in a way that maximises user buy-in.
- Prepare and analyse large data sets in order to apply appropriate data science techniques (statistics/simulation / optimisation/machine learning, etc.)
- Translate business questions and opportunities into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with available data using appropriate data science techniques.
- Ability to execute a strategy/project or day-to-day work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree ideally in Statistics / Mathematics / Data Science / Operations Research / Engineering; PhD will be advantageous.
- At least 12 years of applied experience using advanced analytics, statistical methods and data science.
- Fluency in computer programming and data structures, with expert coding capability in R/Python and SQL.
- At least 4 years’ experience in any of the following: Databricks, Spark, containers, Git, and building effective CI/CD pipelines, PowerBI, web frameworks
- Azure certifications are preferred.
The Reference Number for this position is NG56861 which is a Permanent position in Johannesburg South offering a salary negotiable from R1.4M to R1.6M CTC salary negotiable based on experience. E-mail Nokuthula on email@example.com or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!