A fast-growing company in the fin-tech space is on the hunt for a Python Developer to join their growing team. They are working on a dynamic workflow tool that their clients use to make their businesses more predictable, and they are looking to rapidly expand into other areas as well.
In this role you will be working with the back-end team to maintain their platform, add new features, and expand their portfolio of projects into new directions
To join this specialist provider of information technology solutions, APPLY NOW and be part of this winning team
Core understanding of and working experience with:
- Python 2.7 and 3.5
- Experience with object-oriented principles, methodologies, and patterns.
- Familiarity with PEP-8 is expected, as we follow it strictly as part of our coding standards and practices.
- Experience with migrating a legacy Python project from 2.7 to 3.x is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience with Django Rest Framework is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience with Django Channels or equivalent library for implementing asyc is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience with Pandas and/or NumPy is highly beneficial, but not a requirement as long as you’re willing to learn on the job.
- Knowledge of Django’s templating language is not required.
- Experience with TDD or BDD is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Experience with PyTest, tox, or equivalent is beneficial.
- Familiarity with its capabilities, such as document storage within the RDB.
- Usage of PostgreSQL-specific Django ORM query functions and tools, beneficial but not a requirement.
- Comfort with implementing custom APIs.
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for implementing an HTTP REST API.
- Ability to use a tool such as Postman, Insomnia, cURL or equivalent API testing/querying tool is highly beneficial.
- Experience using Git Flow as a branching strategy is beneficial, but not a requirement.
Beneficial to have in addition to the above:
- Having knowledge or experience in any of the following is not a requirement, but would set you apart from other candidates:
- Implementing caching using Django.
- Experience with task queuing systems, such as Huey, Celery, RQ or equivalent.
- Experience implementing a microservices architecture.
- Experience with integration of multiple custom platforms.
- Experience with implementing an API Gateway.
- Having contributed to an open-source Python project, or to the Python
Reference Number for this position is GZ54338 which is a permanent role based in Johannesburg offering a salary of up to R600k Per Annum cost to companynegotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!