A high-tech software business, providing strategic advice and project leadership solutions with a deep business acumen on commercial, technology and digital transformation strategies and widespread clients in both large corporations listed in the JSE, non-listed clients in both the private and public sectors.
As experts in what they do and recruiters in the tech space, they are looking for a high calibre individual for the role of a Quantitative Data Scientist to analyse large amounts of data and find patterns that will help the company to deliver solutions that make a difference.
- 5 Years Experience in a Data Scientist role building predictive and machine learning
- 3 Years Experience as a Quantitative Analyst in Investment Banking.
- Proven experience in using Data scripting languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R etc.)
- A deep understanding of statistical methods and modelling.
- Proven experience as a quantitative analyst in Investment Banking
- Building predictive and machine learning models in AWS.
- Ability to convey complicated mathematical concepts, algorithms and data structures to influence business partners.
- Honours Degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Finance
The Reference Number for this position is NG57304 which is a 12-month Contract position in Johannesburg offering a contract rate from R500 to R700 per hour salary negotiable based on experience. E-mail Nokuthula on nokuthulag@e-Merge.co.za or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!