What’s your language? Scala maybe? Why not?
Well, A specialist in technical strategy and Software Engineering is on the pursuit for their next supreme apprentice to combine expertise on a Scala Engineer opportunity.
Up for a new challenge in an Engineering capacity and join a leading organization that is big on people, consultancy and Scala? Then l suggest you get on applying!
- 5+ years’ experience
- Strong understanding of data structures
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Scala
- Strong knowledge in Cats and/or Scalaz
- Familiarity with Scala coding standards and best practices
- In-depth understanding of reactive and functional design patterns and approaches
- Experience with RDBMS – PostgresSQL and MySQL in particular.
- Previous experience with some or all of the following technologies preferred: core Akka technologies (Akka streams, Akka-http), Monix, Http4s, Slick, Circe, Scala Test, SBT, etc
- Experience with Docker
- Previous experience working in AWS environments
- Experience with NoSQL e.g., Cassandra or MongoDB.
- Knowledge of JVM internals
- Experience in queue-based architectures (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Knowledge of Unix-based operating systems
- Experience in ELM, Haskel, Elixir, Erlang, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
Reference Number for this position is KR53623 which is a permanent, remote based position in Cape Town, offering a cost to company salary that is negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Kivara on [email protected] or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!