Looking to work in a company that keeps all investments secured and is leading in the Finance industry? Join this winning team, currently looking for a Senior Data Designer.
The incumbent will have to assist with creating and embedding a robust data design practice in all areas of the Data Office including, but not restricted to, conceptual, logical and physical data modelling.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 7 – 10 years’ commercial experience
- Power BI
- Azure Stack (Highly advantageous)
- Collaborate with enterprise architecture to ensure the organisation’s data architectural landscape is defined and is robust, future fit and documented
- Collaborate with data engineering to ensure data is structured in a way to enable reuse, ease-of-use, consistency, inter-operability and auditability, and to reduce duplication and redundancy
- Translate business needs into data models which support long term solutions.
- Generate DDLs from physical data models
- Perform reverse engineering of databases and ETL/scripts into physical data models
- Perform data analysis and mining, using SQL and other techniques
- Contribute to the review of data models to ensure consistency and adherence to standards and governance
- Participate in resolving data integration challenges
- Assist in the documentation of data requirements to ensure they are clearly understood, and the deliverables required of the Data Office can be met
Reference Number for this position is NN53652 which is a permanent position based in Johannesburg offering a cost to company salary of up to R1.2m per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on [email protected] or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!