A technology company with a platform supporting the community of medical professionals and enabling healthcare practitioners streamline back-office processes while collectively shaping the future of healthcare require the services of a Data Engineer who will be responsible for driving, designing and building scalable ETL systems and building predictive models that support real-time data and provide for visualisation requirements across the organisation to enable self-help analytics.
- Ensure highest data quality assurance, data accuracy and data completeness
- Create easily understandable technical documentation that are kept up to date
- Conduct data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation
- tasks as required by business stakeholder.
- Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Define, design and build dimensional databases.
- Design the ETL pipelines and enhance and maintain our existing ETL frameworks
- Implement the ETL pipeline in a timely manner
- Utilise most accurate data source to remodel into a set of data
- Facilitate an understanding of data sources to ensure governance, procedures and
- standards are upheld.
- Build data quality metrics and conduct data validation testing
- Utilise specialist knowledge to explain the data and transfer the understanding to
- business end user.
- Conduct training and upskilling on new reports and or self-service analytics
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 year IT related degree
- Post graduate qualification (advantageous)
- 8+ years’ experience and understanding in designing and developing data warehouses according to the Kimball methodology.
- Design and development of ETL processes, SQL development experience, SAS data studio
- Ingest/output CSV, JSON and other flat file types and any related data sources.
- Proficient in Python or R
The Reference Number for this position is NG58339 which is a Permanent position in Johannesburg offering a salary of R700k to R900k per annum negotiable based on experience and skills. E-mail Nokuthula on nokuthulag@e-Merge.co.za or call her for a chat on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!