Multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and the Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security with big brands under their wing is currently scouting for a Senior Data Engineer.
You will be responsible for developing high quality data warehouse solutions in an Azure environment using Synapse, Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Wherescape and PowerBI
The groups strength lies in its focus on local language and culture. Be part of such a global brand. SEND YOUR CV’S TODAY!!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar fields like Information Systems, Big Data
- Azure Data Engineer Certification would be advantageous
- Related Technical certifications
- Experience of developing solutions in the cloud (Azure)
- In-depth experience in Azure Synapse, ADF and Data Lake
- Experience in developing data warehouses and data marts
- Experience in Data Vault and Dimensional modelling techniques
- Experience working in a high availability DataOps environment
- Experience working with automated data warehousing solutions would be advantageous
- Minimum 7 years in a Microsoft BI environment, of which at least 2 years must have been in an Azure environment
Hands-on experience with some of the following disciplines:
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Power BI
- Azure DevOps
- Wherescape 3D
- Wherescape RED
- SQL Server
- Data Vault modelling
- Dimensional modelling
- Transact SQL
- Automation/Scheduling tools/frameworks
- Working knowledge of Data Ops
- Understanding of API-based services (e.g. REST, SOAP)
- Understanding of basic integration concepts
- Basic knowledge of the Agile SAFe methodology, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and cloud computing
Reference Number for this position is GZ55203 which is a permanent position based in Randburg offering a cost to company of R1.4m per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!