Big player in the financial solutions industry who needs absolutely no introduction to industry and has an unquestionable long-standing success is currently on the hunt for a Senior Data Engineer to join their dynamic team within the Digital and Data division.
This team’s primary focus is to build and establish the data platform capability by applying industry knowledge, best practices, and innovative ideas to take them into the future through the use of best of the breed technologies and applied thinking and processes on its strategic journey to the cloud.
If you would like to be part of a collaborative team that has a global footprint. Send your CV’s today!!!
Role and Qualifications Requirements
- Matric, with a degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Engineering
- 5+ years of data engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with any data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytics tools including, but not limited to, any of the following combinations (1) SSIS and SSRS, (2) ETL Frameworks, (3) Data conformance, (4) Caching, (5) Spark (6) AWS data builds
- The candidate having DBA ability and knowledge across at least 2 platforms (example: TSQL, SAS, PSQL, IBM VSAM, DynamoDB and DB2) will also be beneficial
- Tends towards Full-Stack engineer with experience across a broad spectrum of technology domains, technologies, and Engineering practices
- Highly Proficient in at least one of Python, Java, C/C++ or similar
- Should be Proficient in bash/ksh, perl, SQL
- Experience with R, AWS, XML, json, cron
- Experience with designing and implementing Cloud (AWS) solutions including full use of all APIs available
- Experience with Dev/OPS architecture, implementation, and operation
Reference Number for this position is GZ54391 This is a permanent position based in Cape Town and Gauteng but will be working semi remotely offering a cost to company salary of up to R1.2m per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Email Garth on garthz @ e-merge .co .za or alternatively call on 011 463 3234 to discuss this and other opportunities that you may be seeking.
e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency with a wide range of positions available. We offer our technical skilled candidates’ options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the top companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!