An international manufacturing company that set the course for the future at an early stage, and consistently makes sustainability and efficient resource management central to its strategic direction, is on the hunt for an exceptional Senior Data Scientist to join their existing team of specialist.
The incumbent must have the ability to work interdependently and submit deliverables on time and with excellent quality.
What will you be doing??
- Working with feature teams to design and implement data extraction, cleaning, analysis, visualization, and presentation requirements from source database types to target data containers. For the purpose of migrating data to cloud technologies.
- Designing data testing strategies and implement them with QA Automation engineers.
- Implementing measures to automate test data using ACID property validation
- Assisting in the implementation of Data pipelines using ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) technologies on cloud infrastructure/services ensuring data integrity.
- Researching and designing best data conversion/mapping practices from source to target formats. Needed for SQL, NoSQL Database, and other data types i.e., JSON.
- Designing, creating, and optimising data models for business use cases i.e., “Analytical data” for data lakes, “Migration data” from source to target cloud migrations.
- Enabling data-driven decision-making by identifying, structuring, and executing product and performance analyses.
- Building cross-functional partnerships with the product, business, and engineering teams to drive key business decisions.
- Relevant IT Degree
- 5 – 8 Years’ Experience & Working in an Agile Working Model
- Databases: DB2 Preferred, Relational (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and Non-Relational (Mongo, Casandra)
- Languages: Structured Query Language (SQL) using (DDL, DML, DCL, TCL)
- Database Objects: Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Sequences, Indexes, schemas Etc.
- Infrastructure: Familiar with Cloud AWS or AZURE
- Working with ETL (extract, transform, and load)
Reference Number for this position is LL54915 which is a Contract position rotating between Home / Midrand / Pretoria offering a contract rate of up to R638 per hour negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Lindie on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!