A bank offering specialised banking and investment services seeks the services of a Senior Data Modeller to work within an established professional, objective and globally integrated team. With the ability to connect clients to solutions, services and expertise and have the ability to design and maintain optimal data models or structures at both an enterprise and system / application level that meets both business and architectural objectives.
- Design data models that align to the agreed architecture framework.
- Ensure data modelling deliverables are delivered according to project plan and budget.
- Align data modelling activities and deliverables to the development methodology and data modelling principles and standards.
- Apply the Nedbank approved tooling to create the data modelling deliverables.
- Adopt the Enterprise Data Model (which is based on the IFW) as a standard for data model designs to leverage best practice and fast track data modelling efforts.
- Translate business requirements into data requirements.
- Structure data requirements into logical data constructs based on the Enterprise Data Model, including ERD models.
- Identifying definitive or authoritative source of data; analysing source data; and identifying gaps to target structures.
- Advise stakeholders on application of data modelling practices through consultation.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science: Information Systems / Computer Science
- The Data Management Association International (DAMA), TOGAF
- Minimum 10yrs IT related experience with 5yrs+ in a Data Modelling role
- Experience with industry models such as IFW BFMDW
- Broad understanding of Data Management (DMBOK), systems development
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Data Warehousing
- Data base Administration (DBA) Principles and Admin Concepts
- Data and Business analysis
- Data base programming knowledge
- Data capture clerk
- Data centre standards and principles
The Reference Number for this position is NG57738 which is a Permanent Hybrid role based in Sandton, Johannesburg offering a cost to company of up to R850k Per Annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nokuthula at nokuthulaG@e-merge.co.za or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!