An amazing opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join a specialist provider of information technology solutions. They focus on delivering consulting, technology, systems integration and managed services including print media technology to selected industry sectors.
You will be part of a DevOps team responsible for sustaining existing Cloud infrastructure through day-to-day operations as well as supporting new projects, and implementing automation and processes to accelerate their developers’ productivity ability to safely release their code into the wild.
If you are a talented and innovative DevOps engineer and you have experience leading and mentoring a team, this role is for you, APPLY NOW and be part of this dynamic team
Core understanding of and working experience with:
- A desire to mentor other engineers and foster a collaborative environment to improve our software development processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code principles, DevOps and automation, and tools such as SaltStack or Ansible.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- Experience with major cloud providers (AWS preferred).
- Experience with CI/CD Automation and Release Management with related tools, branching, and other DevOps best practices.
- Linux systems administration experience (performance tuning, backup and recovery, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, security, automation).
- Programming following best practices at the systems level, using languages like Python.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking concepts (layers, firewalls, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP stack, etc.), how to build secure infrastructure, and an awareness of common server security vulnerabilities.
- Ability to proactively uphold standards for data protection, information security, and compliance.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving problems in mission-critical environments and triaging and managing the escalation of cases.
- Ability to monitor and improve the availability, performance, and observability of production services.
- Experience with Web Servers and Database Systems
- Linux (Ubuntu is a plus)
- ELK Stack
- CI/CD tools such as Bitbucket Pipelines, GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis CI, etc
Reference Number for this position is GZ54328 which is a permanent role based in Johannesburg offering a salary of up to R 800k Per Annum cost to company negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on garthz @ e-merge .co .za or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!