The only mutual financial services company in South Africa founded in 1941 is currently looking to growing their team of developers. They are on the lookout for a Java Developer who will effectively engage with stakeholders and create software applications, display openness to innovation and keeping up to the latest technology trends.
If you are looking at joining the kind of environment where everyone matters and is recognised for their value of work life balance this is the company for you.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- An Engineering degree; BSc Computer Science; BCom Informatics; BIT; BIS degree
- A postgraduate qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience on Java 6 and JEE (Servlets, JSP, EJB, REST and SOAP, JPA/Hibernate), JBOSS and NginX
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on PostgreSQL and MSSQL (Mongo would be advantages)
- 4 to 6 years’ experience with Maven
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus …)
- Worked in a multi-project environment
- Knowledge of and exposure to SDLC/Change Control/Release Management
- Solid understanding of versioning software – GIT
- Frontend development on any of these technologies (Web: Angular, HTML, HTML5, XML, CSS)
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
Reference Number for this position is GZ54745 which is a contract position based in Johannesburg Parktown and home offering a salary of R1100k per annum based on experience and ability. Contact Garth on garthz @ e-merge .co .za or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!