NEW WORK: My absolute favourite shop is hunting for skills! They are a medium sized software dev shop, making games, building mobile platforms that are spanning across Africa at a notable rate… in fact even the New York Stock Exchange took note and gave them a listing! This established team is looking for a Senior C# Software Engineer, skilled in APIs and .Net Core / .Net 5.
You can expect high traffic, low latency, milli seconds response rates type of work; among a bunch a .Net craftsman who are curious creatures diving deep to get the best results. This is an easy going, bright, tech driven management, offering lots of flexi time
Some other cool benefits include: free lunch, beer, arcade games etc, casual Friday every single day. A place where work is play!
Do you make the cut? The people who tend to do well with them are:
- Self-taught developers, usually self-taught, people who are worried about code health but not necessarily too worried about the theory of code
- You have 7+ years’ experience coding in C# Microsoft stack, .Net Core (they looking for an engineering mindset so you need to understand the nuts and bolts and how the go together)
- Deep level coding experience using .NET5, .NET Core, C#, Web API, WCF/ Swagger, and SQL
- Agile Scrum software engineering practices for the full SDLC
- Some cloud would be nice but it’s not a deal breaker if you don’t have it: Azure OR AWS
- OpenShift OR Kubernetes OR Docker – they don’t know what tools they’ll use yet but the concepts are coming soon
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
Reference Number for this position is ND52979-2021 which is a permanent position based in Pretoria offering a cost to company up to R1m negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nicole D on nicoled @ e-merge .co .za or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!