- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps or site reliability engineer
- An understanding of distributed systems, service architectures, cloud native systems, the problems they attempt to solve as well as the related trade-offs to contribute to feature and service design
- Familiar with the implementation of monitoring and observability solutions (logging, metrics, and distributed tracing)
- Public cloud experience (AWS / Azure / GCP), certification preferable
- Local Infrastructure experience (virtualisation, *NIX systems)
- Knowledge of important networking concepts (HTTP and REST, SSL / TLS, SSH, etc)
- Container experience
- CNCF tools experience such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting service mesh solutions, such as Istio
- Proven experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Out-of-the-box thinking to solve infrastructure and operational problems
Reference Number for this position is GZ57681 which is a permanent position in Pretoria offering up to R800k per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!