Are you ready to revolutionize database management and optimization? Join our project to address critical challenges in database administration and optimization, deliver top-notch database solutions with a focus on high availability, security, and adherence to best practices and Gain attractive exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
Don’t miss this opportunity to immerse yourself in a world of cutting-edge database technology! Apply now and be a part of our dynamic, forward-thinking team.
Background and Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a DBA, with a focus on open-source databases
- Strong knowledge of database design, administration, and optimization techniques
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of database backup and recovery, database replication, and database security
- Strong scripting skills in languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, or PowerShell
- Familiarity with cloud-based database infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience as a DBA, with a focus on open-source databases.
- Database management tools
- Database Query optimization
- High Availability configuration
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Monitoring and Alerts on infrastructure and data change working with database software to find ways to store, organize and manage data
- Maintenance and keeping databases up to date helping with database design and development managing database access
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation managing database security/integrity and backup procedures. testing and modifying databases to ensure that they operate reliably
- Disaster Recovery plans and support
- Leverage state of the art relational and NoSQL databases as well integration and streaming platforms do deliver sustainable business specific data solutions
- Design data retrieval, storage and distribution solutions (and OR components thereof) including contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle e.g., design process
- Develop high quality data processing, retrieval, storage and distribution design in a test driven and domain driven / cross domain environment
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline by quickly producing well-organized, optimized, and documented source code and algorithms to deliver technical data solutions
Reference Number for this position is GZ57880 which is a 12-month contract role offering up to R850 per hour negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on email@example.com or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!